One of the reasons we bought our house was that the kitchen was so pathetic that we wouldn't feel bad about ripping it to shreds and starting over. It sucks so much ass that I can't believe y'all can't hear me swearing while I cook.
I spend so much time in the kitchen that I have lots of time to plan my dream workspace. And if money was no object, this is what I would have in it:
- a bank of 4 or 6 refrigerated drawers. No upright fridge at all. Just the drawers. And a chest freezer in the basement for frozen items. I am a drawer freak as you will see.
- a wine fridge, natch.
- dishwasher drawers, two next to the sink, and two in the island workspace.
- an apron-front sink (not sure which material yet, but whatever it is will be plain with no designs on it)
- a water faucet next to the stove for filling pasta pots
- a walk-in pantry
- hidden storage for my counter-top appliances
- a cork floor with Korean-style ondol heating underneath
- butcher-block counter tops (there's a guy in Seattle who custom makes them out of neat-o woods)
- a Wolf range (at least 6 gas burners)
- two ovens—one electric and the other possibly convection, but probably another electric
- a salamander
- a T.V.—I love to watch T.V. while I cook
And none of that matchy-matchy stuff. I hate it when the appliances match the cabinetry. My mom has that at her house and I can never find the fridge.
I think that's it. If I think of anything else, I'll add it. Not too much to ask, is it?