We moved in to our new house and still haven't done a "real" grocery shop yet. I need to replace condiments and stuff. I keep going to the fridge for things like anchovies, capers, and hot sauce only to find there is nothing there.
Maybe I'll get to the store this week. If so, this is what's in the works:
- Monday—Meatloaf (see recipe below), Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas (not our normal "Mexican Monday" cuz the SuperBowl is the weekend and we're Tex-Mexing it up then)
- Tuesday—Roasted Salmon, Fennel and Chard Gratin
- Wednesday—Sandwich Night (going to Togo's to kill two birds with one stone: dinner and ordering up sandwich platters for our SuperBowl party)
- Thursday—Undecided pending grocery shopping
- Friday—See above
- Saturday—Date night!
- Sunday—Football Party Fare. Recipes will be posted throughout the week.
What are you cooking this week? Link me up!
Whiz in the Cuisinart:
- 2 scrubbed carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 large shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 slices of whole grain bread (I use European-style thin whole grain bread so my meatloaf has flecks of flax seeds in it)
- 2 eggs
- 3 fresh marjoram sprigs, leaves only
Combine above mixture with 1 lb each ground lean beef, ground chicken, and ground pork (3 pounds of meat total) seasoned with:
- salt and pepper
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce and
- a splash of red wine or sherry
Spread into a large loaf pan (or two small loaf pans) and top with half a can of tomato soup (or an equivalent amount of tomato sauce or ketchup). Bake for about 1.5 hrs at 325º.