Boy, I wish I had my camera* to take a photo of tonight's dinner. It was a riot of color from everything that went into it. I had some leftover chicken, some feta, some cukes, some tomatoes...it all was blended with whole wheat couscous to make a light dinner. Couscous is the ultimate 10 minute meal.
CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE COUSCOUS
Start with prepared whole wheat couscous. (1 cup whole wheat couscous, 1 cup boiling water, a glug of olive oil and some salt. Put in a bowl, cover with a plate for 5 minutes. Remove plate, fluff with fork.)
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 ounces (a handful) of feta, crumbled (not the pre-crumbled kind)
- juice of one (Meyer) lemon
- olive oil to taste
- a handful of Greek oil-cured olives pitted and chopped
- a handful of parsley leaves, minced
- a handful of basil leaves, sliced (chiffonade) or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the above with the couscous. Serve at once or chill and serve later. Either way, it's good.
*I did look at SLR's this weekend. I looked at the Rebel again and the Sony SLR. Anyone have any experience with the Sony? It's really light. Which is a huge plus. Next up, the ubiquitous-in-the-blog-world Nikon D80.