I'm thinking about back-to-school these days and what I will put in my daughter's lunchbox for her snack. I want her snacks to be healthy, tasty, and easily portable. For the month of August I'm going to be blogging snack ideas and if you have any to share, please let me know!
Cheesy Tortilla Roll-Ups
- Tortillas (any style or flavor)
- 1 cup each shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded mozarella cheese (or whatever combo your kids prefer), combined
- light cream cheese
- thinly sliced green onions
- 1 chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 chopped, seeded red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
- 1 can of sliced olives drained
- optional: chopped, leftover chicken or turkey
Spread tortilla lightly with cream cheese. Top with shredded cheese. Let kids add remaining toppings of their choosing. Roll up tightly and serve immediately alongside lime-cilantro yogurt dip. Or, wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Keeps well for at least a day. Makes 4-6 roll-ups.
Lime-Cilantro Yogurt Dip
In a food processor or blender, whiz until uniformly smooth:
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- juice of one lime
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- salt to taste
Serve alongside tortilla roll-ups.