Who doesn't love 7-layer "Mexican" dip? However you make it, whatever layers you choose, there's nothing else to say about it except, "Pass the Fritos."
Reading around the internet this week, I've noticed a trend in Mediterranean-inspired 7-layer dips. I'm not making this for my SuperBowl party but if I were, this is how I would do it.
Starting from the bottom and working my way up, my layers would be as follows:
1. Homemade lemon-y hummus, kinda chunky—room temp.
2. Ground lamb sauteed with garlic, olive oil, marjoram, and mint—still warm
3. Finely chopped red onion
4. Chopped, seeded Persian or English cucumbers
5. Chopped, seeded tomatoes
6. A layer of homemade tzaziki
7. A scattering of seeded kalamata olives and a sprinkling of mint
And I would serve this with fresh-baked pita chips. Hmmmm. Maybe I will make this. That's the problem with SuperBowl parties: too much good food from which to choose.