Savory corn pudding. A Thanksgiving must-have. (Recipe below)
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I have done enough Thanksgiving posts over the years that I'm delighted to share my favorites with you!
Remember last year's Great Thanksgiving Side-Dish-stravaganza? (I asked Twitter for their favorite side dishes and pulled together some A.MA.ZING recipes.) Looking for a special side dish to serve on Thanksgiving? Look no further than these spectacular recipes. Here are some examples:
- Walnut, Blue Cheese, and Cranberry Tart
- Southern Fairytale's Yellow Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- Spicy Hot Pepper (from Auntie Charlene's CSA) and Fresh Corn Pudding
- AMomTwoBoys' Three Cheese and Prosciutto Cauliflower Gratin
- Suebob's Chestnut, fennel, and shallot confit
If you just make one side dish this year, consider: the Creamy Brussels Sprouts pictured above. Bunny helped me make these this afternoon because we were craving them!
Looking for an easy and elegant soup starter? I love Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Curry and Sage.And from the CityMama/FamilyFood (my old food blog) archives:
Green Beans with Persimmons, Pancetta, and Hazelnuts
Roasted King Trumpet Mushrooms
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
The best damned gratin you will ever eat.
I'll also be posting Thanksgiving-related recipes over on my Cooking Mama column on Delish.com.
Here are two unusual uses for leftover turkey when the last thing you want to be eating is leftover turkey:
- A Mad Men-esque Turkey Tetrazzini
- Chinese-style Turkey Jook (thick rice soup; jook rhymes with "shook")
May your holiday be full of laughter, love, and great food. Please leave a note below and let me know what you look forward to cooking and/or eating this year. And as always, I am so thankful that you are here reading this, and that we have this space to be inspired and to share together.