One of my favorite ways to do chicken salad with a "secret" ingredient.
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 8-10 seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, minced
- palmful of cashews, rough-chopped
- palmful of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps of mayo (I like Vegenaise) or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps light Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (the secret—it adds a nice herbal kick!)
- fresh ground pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Allow flavors to mingle at least one hour in the fridge. Garnish with fresh summer fruits—I used apricots and raspberries, but peaches or strawberries would also be yummy. You can serve on a bed of baby lettuces if you like. Makes about two cups.
I am compensated for being a member of Hidden Valley Ranch's "Love Your Veggies" Parent Panel. Click "Parent Wisdom" for more tips.