End of story.
At least in my opinion.
How do I know this?
Because my family has been using one for as long as I can remember. Also adding "rice cred" to my (un)professional opinion is that I am half-Korean and born in Hawaii and if there is anything that Asians from Hawaii know, it's rice.
Hawaii, rice goes with everything from chicken curry to chicken
cacciatore. This is largely do to the predominantly Asian population; the love of rice is part of the culture. Hawaiians eat rice
for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eggs,
Portuguese sauage or linguica, and rice is so popular you can even
get it at local McDonald's restaurants!). Rice is also eaten for snacks (Spam
musubi), and in pretty much every Hawaiian home you can go straight to the kitchen and find rice in the rice cooker. At my house, you'd find the rice in a Zojirushi rice cooker.
Why do I love my Zojirushi rice cooker so much? I can make a pot of rice and the cooker, with its "fuzzy logic" technology, keeps it warm and fresh for up to 24 hrs. That means if we have rice for dinner, we can have the leftovers for breakfast (a favorite breakfast in our house is ochazuke, we eat it at least once a week) or lunch. I don't know my little rice cooker knows to keep it at the perfect consistency without drying out the rice, but it does. It's magical like that.ZOJIRUSHI RICE COOKER GIVEAWAY
So here's the deal. I want YOU to have a Zojirushi rice cooker of your own. I have two (2) rice cookers to giveaway so that means TWO OF YOU CAN WIN!
- One rice cooker is the 5.5 cup model, perfect for families.
- One rice cooker is the 10 cup model, perfect for parties, larger families, or people who love leftover rice like me.
Note: you can cook more than rice in Zojirushi rice cookers. How about jambalaya, oatmeal, or even cake!
WAYS TO WIN ONE OF TWO AMAZING ZOJIRUSHI RICE COOKERS
- Leave a comment below telling me your favorite kind or rice, food you love to eat with rice, OR your favorite rice dish.
- Tweet that you entered my giveaway, just copy and paste this statement (without quotes) into your Twitter client: "I entered to win 1 of 2 @zojirushiusa rice cookers on @citymama's Stuff People Send Me! https://cot.ag/bxA7vN #contest"
- You can comment/tweet once per day. (Please, no comment spam.)
And that's it! I will pick two winners at random the morning of Friday April 30.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE A REAL, WORKING EMAIL WITH YOUR COMMENT SO THAT I CAN CONTACT YOU. IT'S A TOTAL BUMMER WHEN PEOPLE WIN AND I CAN'T GET AHOLD OF THEM.
- Void where prohibited.
- Contest open to US residents only. (Sorry, rest of the world!)
- Winners please allow 4-6 weeks for shipping.
Disclosure: I am delighted to work with Zojirushi—a brand I love—on this giveaway. While they did not provide me with a Zojirushi rice cooker (I
already have two of my own) or pay me or tell me I had to say nice things about the company, they did send me some Free Stuff in the form of a hot water dispenser for review (I drink a lot of tea and it
rocks!). Also, last year I wrote about their awesome
bento boxes and hosted a giveaway.