BABY BJORN AIR
Both J. and I love to "wear" our babies, and after trying what seems like every carrier on the market, we kept going back to two classic products: the Baby Bjorn and the Dr. Sears Nojo Sling. J. prefers the Bjorn because it's comfortable and easy to use right away. I love the sling (which, granted, does take some practice) for the same reasons, but there were times when the Bjorn was just as comfy to use. It comes down to personal preference, but if you had to chose one, you can't go wrong with a Baby Bjorn.
The newest version, the Baby Bjorn Air, comes with breathable mesh, a huge improvement. It's cooler for baby and for parents. It still supports baby's head and neck and folds up small enough to tuck in your diaper bag.
Baby #3 is due in just a few short weeks and not too long after that, he'll be riding around in his Baby Bjorn Air.
Cost to you: about $70
Cost to me: FREE
BRITAX MARATHON 70 CAR SEAT
Britax is a brand that has been part of our children's lives since they were infants. We're huge fans of their convertible car seats. Both children rode in Britax Roundabout car seats, and this boy will cruise in style in his Britax Marathon 70. We're installing it in J's car this weekend. I already love the fact that he'll be able to use it until he's 70 pounds. No other car seat needed!
Here is everything you need to know about the Britax Marathon 70:
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS™) provides resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
Cost to you: about $279.00
Cost to me: FREE
MEDELA PUMP IN STYLE ADVANCE
If you are a breastfeeding mama planning to go back to work like I am, you need a really good breast pump. And the Medela Pump In Style Advance is it. Medela is another brand that has been part of my girls' lives since they were babies—we had to rent a Medela hospital-grade pump when Bunny was an infant, and I used the Mini-Electric with both girls.
Because I'd like to go back to work within a couple of months of having the Bundle, this product is a necessity for me.
The Pump In Style Advanced is an all-in-one solution ideal for working mothers. Its technology is based on the latest results of research.
- Proven to be the best selling double electric breastpump worldwide
- Maximum efficiency: double pumping and 2-Phase Expression for maximum time saving
- Always be mobile: the Pump In Style Advanced was designed for frequent use away from home
- Easy to handle: all-in-one solution - perfect for transporting and cooling breastmilk
- Convenience: vacuum levels can easily be set using only one button
I also love it because it's BPA free and it's carry-bag doesn't scream "I'M PUMPING!"
Cost to you: about $325
Cost to me: FREE
We only have one bathroom in our house right now, and it's not huge. Once the baby outgrows being bathed in the kitchen sink (my favorite "back-friendly" place to bathe babies), we move them to a tub. Traditionally, baby bath tubs are bulky and take up a lot of space, but not so with the ingenious and delightfully-designed Flexibath.
When I was offered the chance to test out the product, I lept. Drain, fold and stow with one hand? Yes, please! This Danish-made tub is perfect for those of us who live in small spaces or who just don't want a cluttered bathroom. Environmentally safe and BPA-free. Good-looking, too!
Cost to you: about $40
Cost to me: FREE
Thank you to all the manufacturers who provided review samples to me. I am very choosy about the products I accept for review. They have to meet three basic criteria:
- Would I buy this myself?
- Will it enhance my life or my family's life in a way that supports my values?
- Would my readers enjoy hearing about them?
If I can answer yes to ALL THREE, I happily try the product and let you know what I think.